Sunday 29 January 2017

Friends are flowers in the garden of life canvas. Paperartsy JOFY stamp set 42

Hello & welcome back to my crafty little blog.
It's been a while since I last posted a project, so today I'm going to catch up a bit by sharing a canvas I made for my friend for her 40th Birthday.
We're both really busy & struggle to find the time to meet up very often so as well as this little gift we went on a spa day!.
It was a lovely relaxing treat with no kids to worry about & we felt really chilled at the end of the day.

Here's the canvas:


I decided to use the Paperartsy JOFY stamp set 42.
 It has the sentiment 'Friends are flowers in the garden of life'.

 I used a 6 x 6 deep edge square box canvas blank & painted it with Paperartsy fresco finish paint which dries quickly with a lovely, even, chalky finish.
I also painted the inside of the back of the canvas as this was going to now be the front!.

I cut some strips of turquoise card to fit the front panels of the box frame & using black ink stamped the loopy edging design across the top & bottom, filling the loops with lilac paint
I used the foliage down both edges & painted those & on a seperate piece of white card stamped the small flower & leaves which I coloured with promarkers.



I stamped the girl twice & coloured both girls with promarkers alternating the colours to match in with my background & flowers.
I cut them out & cut the legs & hair bun off of one of the girls.
I repositioned the hair bun & legs so that the front girl is shorter than her friend & has a different hairstyle.
They were then glued into place on the front of the canvas, one in front of the other.
I stamped & coloured the sentiment onto white card, added some flowers & blended around the edges with distress ink.
This was then glued into the back recess of the box canvas.


I then printed a personalised message onto card & glued it into place on the back of my box canvas along with some polka dot ribbon to hang it with.



Thanks for visiting.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday & I'll be back again very soon with another project to share.

Amy x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Amy this is gorgeous. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, this is a beautiful gift for your friend. I love the colours and the sweet stamps. Cathy (first time visitor) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project ... love the colors and cute image.
    Hugs Rose xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! What a gorgeous colour palette you've chosen for your canvas

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely 40th bday gift. Too cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful 40th gift Amy - love the design. Shabneez

    ReplyDelete